In honor of Global Employee Health and Fitness Month, I’m starting a MOVE-ment to encourage people to take ownership of their health. No need to join a gym, or start a new diet, or register to run a race. Simply make a promise to yourself to practice a healthy lifestyle by:
- Moving – incorporating 60 minutes of physical activity in each and every day
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, protein, calcium, and whole grains
- Drinking plenty of water (8 X 8 – eight 8-oz servings of fluid daily)
- Getting plenty of sleep (7-9 hours each night)
- Limiting your screen time to an hour a day
Log on to the Global Employee Health and Fitness Website to join the movement.
Click on “Sign Up,” to register. Then scroll down to the Activity Board and click on “MOVE-ment: Take Ownership of Your Health.”
Click on “Join” to do your part in taking ownership of your health and improving the health of the nation. Invite your family, neighbors, co-workers and friends to join too – together we can make America healthy!