You’re probably familiar with table etiquette and gift giving etiquette, even email etiquette. But did you know there’s a unique world of propriety by which muscle-heads live? This week Coach Stacy and I will be covering the health benefits of strength training and wanted to share those rules of the gym with you here:
- Thou shalt not hog a single piece of equipment or hover around those in the middle of a set – share the gym with others.
- Thou shalt not offend others with foul language or loud conversations – including cell phone conversations.
- Thou shalt remember to rack your weights and return equipment so it’s safely out of the way.
- Thou shalt treat other members with courtesy; respect others’ space.
- Thou shalt not drop weights or otherwise mishandle equipment.
- Thou shalt lift safely, using common sense and avoiding horseplay, and request and provide spotting as needed.
- Thou shalt wipe down equipment after sweaty workouts.
- Thou shalt wear proper clothing and practice personal hygiene in the gym.
- Thou shalt not distract, interrupt or walk in front of others in the middle of an exercise.
- Thou shalt keep personal items such as cell phones, bags and outer wear safely locked up or out of the way.
Tune in later this week to find out how to look fit and healthy through strength training.